Currently, there are no books that explore how the key issues collectively create a level of difficulty for Black women who begin the work of self-acceptance. Roseman opens the door to:
* Understand why some Black women stigmatize Afro-textured hair;
* Explore how Black women's rejection of their natural hair adversely affects their outlook on finances, personal health, and emotional stability;
* Analyse the widespread appeal of women's hair;
* Explore ways for Black women to become their best without compromising sound financial principles and healthy lifestyles;
* Investigate ways to foster public understanding of issues related to Black women's hair and beauty that positively impact society and future generations.
Through personal, revealing stories Hairlooms examines the issues behind these struggles. Guided exercises
Throughout help readers "comb through" their self-perceptions and form a plan for self-acceptance and