Halfhyde to the Narrows: (The Halfhyde Adventures)
Philip McCutchan (Author)
With a ship to call his own at last, Royal Navy Lieutenant St Vincent Halfhyde sails for the Dardanelles in command of the little torpedo-boat Vendetta, part of a flotilla sent to rescue a Britsih sailing-ship unlawfully detained by the Russians. Unfortunately, Halfhyde's first command comes complete with a pompous flotilla captain in love with his own voice, and the looming threat of the irascible Admiral Prince Gorsinski. Cutting out the sailing-ship from amidst the Russian fleet and sneaking her back through the Narrows under the deadly batteries of the Turks and the Russians is the easy part. Facing Gorsinski's vengeance and the legendary wrath of the Romanovs is another matter!
About the Author
Philip McCutchan served on various British war ships during WWII. Afterwards, he concentrated on writing, publishing more than 80 books, including the fifteen-book Halfhyde series.
- Contributor: Philip McCutchan
- Imprint: McBooks Press
- ISBN13: 9781590130681
- Number of Pages: 236
- Packaged Dimensions: 140x216x19mm
- Packaged Weight: 313
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Globe Pequot Press
- Release Date: 2004-11-01
- Series: The Halfhyde Adventures
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Philip McCutchan served on various British war ships during WWII. Afterwards, he concentrated on writing, publishing more than 80 books, including the fifteen-book Halfhyde series.