Hiking Alaska's Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve: From Day Hikes To Backcountry Treks (Regional Hiking Series)
Greg Fensterman (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
The first book of its kind for the largest national park in the United States. Six times the size of Yellowstone National Park, Wrangell-St. Elias welcomes 40,000 visitors every year, and each of them will maximize the visit with this all-new guidebook. Detailed information is provided for navigating fifty of the best hiking routes through 13.2 million acres of Alaskan wilderness. The book is organized by type of trip: day hikes, frontcountry treks (starting from road-accessible trailheads), and remote backcountry treks (accessible via fly-in). There are detailed maps and black and white photographs as well as sidebars and narratives about river crossings, navigation, bear safety, wildlife, seasonal changes, and finding the routes.
About the Author
The author ir a professional guide with Trek Alaska, leading extended backpacking trips into the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park wilderness.
- Contributor: Greg Fensterman
- Imprint: Falcon Guides
- ISBN13: 9780762743193
- Number of Pages: 272
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229x16mm
- Packaged Weight: 23
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Release Date: 2008-05-01
- Series: Regional Hiking Series
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: The author ir a professional guide with Trek Alaska, leading extended backpacking trips into the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park wilderness.