Endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
Save time and ensure full coverage of the course objectives with ideas for teaching and comprehensive notes to help successfully deliver the Science mastery approach.
- Plan lessons more easily with quick and easy reference of the Cambridge Primary objectives and codes, with an overview for each unit and lesson
- Ensure full understanding of the Science mastery approach containing introductory information regarding how it looks in the classroom and how to adopt the approach when planning and delivering a lesson
- Deepen understanding of the concepts and skills in the Learner's Books with further activities, allowing learners to practise
- Introduce the Learner's Book pages with engaging starter activities with links to the accompanying digital resource
- Clarify the purpose of the activities in the Learner's Book and give the extra scientific knowledge needed to teach the lesson with supporting background information
- Support activities in the Learner's Book with teaching notes and answers. References to the supporting workbook and digital resources given
- Keep track of learners' progress with success criteria listed for assessment purposes, for each lesson
- Find marking quicker and easier with answers to the workbook, digital resource and practice tests provided
- Plan lessons easily with 2 photocopiable masters available for each unit
Rosemary Feasey is known across the science community for her work in primary science. She has been Chair of the Association for Science Education; her experience is extensive, having taught across the primary age range and trained teachers at both Durham and Northumbria Universities. Rosemary has many publications for major publishers to her name. She is renowned for her in-service work across the UK and is a regular course leader for the Science Learning Network including courses at the National Science Learning Centre, York. Her work has, on many occasions taken her abroad including being part of a writing team for primary science curricula and involved providing CPD to teachers as well as providing intensive support in schools, she has also supported science in British international schools abroad. Her work has also taken her abroad as a key note speaker. Rosemary has worked with the BBC, BBC Scotland and Channel 4 on primary science programmes and was part of a BAFTA nominated team for work on a children's science series. Rosemary also works for the Primary Science Teaching Trust which includes evaluating funded projects, creating CPD units and mentoring members of the PSTT College.