Here is everything you need to know about being a knight, from from being a young page to being knighted. This humorous non-fiction book explains all the tasks, training, outfits and privileges that came with the job.
* Gold/Band 9 fiction books offer developing readers literary language and stories with distinctive characters.
* Text type - An information book.
* There is a contents page (on page 1), listing the "10 easy stages", plus an illustrated glossary and index on pages 22 and 23.
* Curriculum links - History: Knowledge and understanding of events, people and changes in the past.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
Scoular Anderson lives in a house in Argyll, Scotland. He spends lots of time looking at the passing ships rather than getting on with his work. The cat and the dog often come to sleep in his studio because it's the warmest room in the house. Scoular likes writing books which are funny or make the reader learn something. He has written and illustrated about 80 books. He likes drawing dogs and castles but is not too keen on bicycles because they stick out at strange angles.