Using simple text and photographs, this book shows the full range of tasks to be carried out: make the invitations, set out the food, decorate the room, plan the games, select the music and make party bags.
* Yellow/Band 3 books offer varied sentence structure and natural language.
* Text Type -A non-fiction text with lists and instructions.
* A party checklist on pages 14 and 15 reminds children of all the tasks to be done, and provides opportunities for follow up work.
* Curriculum links - Citizenship: taking part.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery
Susan Gates was born in Grimsby. As a youngster she read lots of science fiction and American literature and then studied it at university. Before she became a writer she spent ten years in schools in Africa and England, in technical colleges and on literacy schemes. She has three children and lives in County Durham.