How to Succeed at an Assessment Centre: Essential Preparation for Psychometric Tests Group and Role-play Exercises Panel Interviews and Presentations
By: Harry Tolley (author), Robert Wood (author)Paperback
Up to 1 WeekUsually despatched within 1 week
When applying for a new job or promotion many people face the rigours of an assessment centre. Many organisations, in both the public and private sectors, use these extended forms of assessment for selection purposes to guarantee they pick the candidate who will be the best fit for the company. However candidates often fail to do themselves justice as they are unaware of the different type of assessment tasks they may have to undertake.
How to Succeed at an Assessment Centre provides ideal preparation for assessment events and gives expert advice on all the key issues such as how the assessments are conducted, how to behave in formal and informal situations as well as how to prepare for the different forms of assessment.
With a plethora of practice questions, answers and explanations, How to Succeed at an Assessment Centre gives essential practical advice on the many different assessment processes, from group exercises to panel interviews and presentations.
Harry Tolley is a special professor in the School of Education at the University of Nottingham. He also works as a researcher, author and freelance consultant. He is the co-author of several best-selling titles including How to Pass Numeracy Tests, How to Pass Verbal Reasoning Tests, and How to Pass the Police Selection System, all published by Kogan Page. Robert Wood is a special professor in the School of Education at the University of Nottingham and also works as a freelance consultant.
- Chapter - 00: Introduction;
- Chapter - 01: Assessment centres and multi-assessment events;
- Chapter - 02: How to succeed in group exercises;
- Chapter - 03: How to make successful presentations;
- Chapter - 04: How to excel in psychometric tests;
- Chapter - 05: How to project yourself authentically through personality, motivation and emotional intelligence questionnaires;
- Chapter - 06: How to succeed at panel interviews;
- Chapter - 07: In-tray/in-box, case study and role-play exercises;
- Chapter - 08: Rounding off your preparation for an assessment centre;
- Chapter - 09: After an assessment centre: how to achieve future success
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9780749462291
3rd Revised edition
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36