4 books in slipcase. Mises attributes the tremendous technological progress and the consequent increase in wealth and general welfare in the last two centuries to the introduction of liberal government policies based on free-market economic teachings, creating an economic and political environment which permits individuals to pursue their respective goals in freedom and peace. Mises also explains the futility and counter-productiveness of government attempts to regulate, control, and equalise all people's circumstances: "Men are born unequal and... it is precisely their inequality that generates social cooperation and civilisation."
About the Author
Ludwig von Mises (18811973) was the leading spokesman of the Austrian School of economics throughout most of the twentieth century.
- Contributor: Ludwig Mises
- Imprint: Liberty Fund Inc
- ISBN13: 9780865976313
- Number of Pages: 1037
- Packaged Dimensions: 230x155mm
- Packaged Weight: 2084
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Liberty Fund Inc
- Release Date: 2022-12-01
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Ludwig von Mises (18811973) was the leading spokesman of the Austrian School of economics throughout most of the twentieth century.