Against the background of growing uncertainty about the future development of capitalism, and in the face of war, terror and poverty, this book asks: What do we have to know to prevent misery? What can we do to achieve conditions of human dignity? And what must we hope for? The volume argues that all social life is essentially practical and explores the central most important value of human dignity. It discusses practical consequences in relation to the theory of revolution and contemporary anti-globalization struggles. Targeted towards advanced undergraduate courses and taught post-graduate courses in the field of politics, sociology, political philosophy and new social movement studies, it should also be welcomed in the study of critical theory, Marxism, labour studies and revolutionary thought.
About the Author
Werner Bonefeld is based at the University of York, UK. Kosmas Psychopedis was formerly a Professor at the University of Athens, Greece.
- Contributor: Werner Bonefeld
- Imprint: Ashgate Publishing Limited
- ISBN13: 9780754644682
- Number of Pages: 198
- Packaged Dimensions: 156x234mm
- Packaged Weight: 433
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Release Date: 2005-04-28
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Werner Bonefeld is based at the University of York, UK. Kosmas Psychopedis was formerly a Professor at the University of Athens, Greece.