DescriptionThe New 3Rs: Relating, Representing, and Reasoning is a book about thinking skills and freedom. It is written for students, employees, managers, executives - anyone who wants to become a more creative, innovative, generative and skilled thinker and make important contributions during their lifetime.
The underlying idea of this book is this: If you tend to follow others and don't direct your energies to generating your own ideas, then you are missing opportunities to use your freedom. To actualise your freedom, you need to think creatively and innovatively, and this book shows you how.
You'll learn how relating skills empower communication and how representing skills enable you to organize complex information. You'll also understand how reasoning skills help you set goals, analyse problems and opportunities, expand to generate new ideas and options, make decisions, lead projects and evaluate performance.
In six chapters, the authors:
- Build a systems view of individual freedom
- Introduce critical skills for thinking and individual freedom - relating, representing and reasoning.< /li>
- Present the skills of relating to information and the people who produce it and explain the behavioural steps involved in getting, giving and merging with people and other sources of information.
- Explain three useful ways for representing information and introduce cognitive structures for building sentences, systems and schematic models
- Guide you through a reasoning process for creating information and introduce systematic methods for exploring, understanding and acting upon information to generate new and better information
- Challenge you to unleash your thinking, enable your freedom and empower a generation of free people - The Possibilities People.
Create a review
About AuthorRobert R. Carkhuff, Ph.D., is a world renowned social scientist who has been generating "The Science of Human Generativity" for more than five decades.
- publication date: 30/11/2014
- ISBN13: 9781610142922
- Format: Paperback
- Number Of Pages: 141
- ID: 9781610142922
- ISBN10: 1610142926
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes