Human Resource Management in Context: Insights, Strategy and Solutions (4th Revised edition)
By: David Farnham (author)Paperback
HR functions within both internal and external contexts. The understanding of both contexts is crucial for comprehending how and why they drive HR strategies and practices in organizations, as well as the rules and structures within which they work. Built around five major themes which impact upon the HR function, and mapping to the CIPD Level 7 Advanced module of the same name, Human Resource Management in Context enables students to understand the complex and changing organizational context in which HR operates today by providing a comprehensive breakdown of the concepts, theories and issues from globalization and government policy to demographic, social and technological trends.
This fully updated 4th edition of Human Resource Management in Context includes a range of pedagogical features, balancing theory with practical analysis to form an engaging insight into the strategic side of HR. It includes enhanced emphasis on the impact of the external environment on the HR profession, a discussion of the impact of technology and social media, increased coverage of ethics and CSR and links to the HR Profession Map. Online supporting resources for lecturers include an instructor's manual, lecture slides, annotated web links and guidance for the chapter activities.
David Farnham, Chartered Fellow of the CIPD, is an emeritus professor at the University of Portsmouth and visiting professor at the University of Greenwich, UK. He has been a visiting professor at the University of East London, a visiting senior research fellow at the University of South Wales and a visiting senior research fellow at the Catholic University Leuven. He is Chief Examiner for the CIPD and a member of the advisory board of the Personnel Policies Study Group of the European Group of Public Administration, Brussels.
- Section - ONE: Introducing Human Resource Management, Organisation and Management;
- Chapter - 01: Human Resource Management and its External Contexts;
- Chapter - 02: Contemporary Organisations and their Internal Contexts;
- Chapter - 03: The Managerial and Business Contexts of Organisations;
- Section - TWO: Strategy Formulation and Implementation;
- Chapter - 04: Developing Corporate Strategies;
- Chapter - 05: Developing Human Resource Strategies;
- Section - THREE: The External Contexts of Human Resource Management;
- Chapter - 06: Markets and the Competitive Context;
- Chapter - 07: Globalisation and International Factors;
- Chapter - 08: Demographic and Social Trends;
- Chapter - 09: The Technological Context;
- Chapter - 10: Government Policy and Legal Regulation
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9781843983583
4th Revised edition
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36