Humbug: The Art of P. T. Barnum
Neil Harris (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
This carefully researched study of America's greatest showman, huckster, and impresario is both an inclusive analysis of the historical and cultural forces that were the conditions of P. T. Barnum's success, and, as befits its subject, a richly entertaining presentation of the outrageous man and his exploits.
About the Author
Neil Harris is professor of history at the University of Chicago. He is the author of The Artist in American Society and Cultural Excursion, both published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Contributor: Neil Harris
- Imprint: University of Chicago Press
- ISBN13: 9780226317526
- Number of Pages: 352
- Packaged Dimensions: 16x23x2mm
- Packaged Weight: 539
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: The University of Chicago Press
- Release Date: 1981-05-01
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Neil Harris is professor of history at the University of Chicago. He is the author of The Artist in American Society and Cultural Excursion, both published by the University of Chicago Press.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.