Hurt: Chronicles of the Drug War Generation
Miriam Boeri (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
Hurt: Chronicles of the Drug War Generation weaves engaging first-person accounts of the lives of baby boomer drug users, including the author Miriam Boeri's own knowledge as the sister of a heroin addict. The compelling stories are set in historical context, from the cultural influence of sex, drugs, and rock n' roll to contemporary discourse that pegs drug addiction as a disease punished by incarceration. Boeri writes with penetrating insight and conscientious attention to the intersectionality of race, gender, and class as she analyzes the impact of an increasingly punitive War on Drugs on a hurting generation. 4
Also available on eBook for £15.59. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Miriam Boeri is Associate Professor of Sociology at Bentley University. She is the author of Women on Ice: Methamphetamine Use among Suburban Women.
- Contributor: Miriam Boeri
- Imprint: University of California Press
- ISBN13: 9780520293472
- Number of Pages: 288
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229x23mm
- Packaged Weight: 408
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Release Date: 2017-12-21
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Miriam Boeri is Associate Professor of Sociology at Bentley University. She is the author of Women on Ice: Methamphetamine Use among Suburban Women.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.