I Think, Therefore I Am: All the Philosophy You Need to Know (I Used to Know That ...)
Lesley Levene (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 2 weeks
Covering the biggest names, including Socrates, Seneca, St Augustine, Descartes, Marx and Nietzsche, I Think Therefore I Am provides a handle for all the main -isms and -ologies of western philosophy. Philosophers certainly like to make life sound awfully complicated - whether they're wondering if a falling tree still makes a sound if there's nobody around to hear it (Berkeley) or declaring that everything in the universe is in a state of flux (Heraclitus) - but is philosophy really so complicated? And is it really as irrelevant as it sometimes seems? I Think, Therefore I Am is the ideal way to take the fear out of philosophy. Written in an accessible and highly entertaining style, this book explains how and why philosophy began, and how, from Greek democracy to Communism, the ways in which we live, learn, argue, vote and even spend our money have their origins in philosophical thought.
About the Author
Lesley Levene studied archaeology and worked at the British Museum and the Institute of Classical Studies (UCL) before becoming a writer and editor.
- Contributor: Lesley Levene
- Imprint: Michael O'Mara Books Ltd
- ISBN13: 9781782430247
- Number of Pages: 192
- Packaged Dimensions: 129x198mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Michael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Release Date: 2013-04-04
- Series: I Used to Know That ...
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Lesley Levene studied archaeology and worked at the British Museum and the Institute of Classical Studies (UCL) before becoming a writer and editor.