In a business world that spans several continents, it is no longer common for everyone to speak English as a first language. Whether you speak English as a first, second or even third language, intercultural business communication means that getting it right first time has never been more important for you and your organization.
English can never be standardized in the global and digital marketplace; instead, we can learn how to customize business English according to our own values and culture and communicate successfully across borders. Improve Your Global Business English creates an awareness in the reader of what to avoid and how to ensure that communications are correctly understood.
Very readable and hugely instructive, Improve Your Global Business English provides practical self-study with quizzes, activities and worksheets, helping you to fine-tune your written communication. By mastering the basics, defining your readers and tailoring your message to them, understanding the conventions of different media and understanding cultures, you can enhance your reputation as a truly global, modern player in today's marketplace. If you want your messages to be perceived as you intended, to retain customers or to win new ones, Improve Your Global Business English gives you the background you need.
Online supporting resources for this book include supplementary video, self-test questions and answers, templates and a case study on going global
Fiona Talbot runs TQI Word Power Skills, a Business Writing Skills consultancy. In addition to writing articles for Personnel Today, British Airways and CCF magazine, she is the author of the Better Business English series, published by Kogan Page. Sudakshina Bhattarcharjee is a lecturer at the Institute of Leadership in Kolkata, where she teaches journalism and mass communications for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Previous posts include Lecturing for Kingston College of Further Education and The London College. She lives both in India and the UK. www.sudakshinakina.com
- Chapter - 00: Introduction;
- Chapter - 01: Writing English for global business;
- Chapter - 02: Why do we write in business?;
- Chapter - 03: Deciding your business writing objectives in the digital age;
- Chapter - 04: Common challenges in business English in a global workplace;
- Chapter - 05: How does writing in a global economy affect us all?;
- Chapter - 06: Writing e-mails;
- Chapter - 07: Making an impact;
- Chapter - 08: Using the global word power skills guide;
- Chapter - 09: Report writing;
- Chapter - 10: Writing agendas, notes and minutes of meetings;
- Chapter - 11: Personal and company promotion in the digital age;
- Chapter - 12: Using word power skills with social networking media;
- Chapter - 13: Quality matters;
- Chapter - 14: Writing tips for everyday business;
- Chapter - 15: The kaleidoscope effect - further perspectives for global business English
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9780749466138
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36