In Search of the English Eccentric
Henry Hemming (Author)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
The English eccentric is under threat. In our increasingly homogenised society, these celebrated parts of our national identity are anomalies that may soon no longer fit. Or so it seems. On his entertaining and thought-provoking quest to discover the most eccentric English person alive today, Henry Hemming unearths a surprisingly large array of delightfully odd characters. He asks what it is to be an eccentric. Is it simply to thrive on creativity and non-conformity, and where does this incarnation of Englishness stem from? Hemming concludes that this tribe is, in fact, in rude health, as essential as ever to the English national identity, only they are no longer to be found where youd expect them.
Also available on eBook for £3.99. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Henry Hemming is 28 years old. His first book, Misadventure in the Middle East: Travels as a Tramp, Artist and Spy, the product of a year-long journey through the Middle East, was published last year to critical acclaim.
- Contributor: Henry Hemming
- Imprint: John Murray Publishers Ltd
- ISBN13: 9780719522222
- Number of Pages: 352
- Packaged Dimensions: 128x198x26mm
- Packaged Weight: 280
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: John Murray Press
- Release Date: 2009-04-02
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Henry Hemming is 28 years old. His first book, Misadventure in the Middle East: Travels as a Tramp, Artist and Spy, the product of a year-long journey through the Middle East, was published last year to critical acclaim.