Inclusive Talent Management: How Business can Thrive in an Age of Diversity
By: Stephen Frost (author), Danny Kalman (author)Paperback
Only 2 in stock
Organizations traditionally have had a clear distinction between their policies on diversity and inclusion and their talent management. The main driving force behind diversity and inclusion has been being seen to be a good employer, to be able to make claims in the annual report and to feel as though a positive contribution is being made to society. On the other hand, talent management activities have been driven by a real business need to ensure that the organization has the right people with the right skills in the right place to drive operational success. Inclusive Talent Management aligns talent management and diversity and inclusion, offering a fresh perspective on why the current distinction between them needs to disappear.
Featuring case studies from internationally recognised brands such as Goldman Sachs, Unilever, KPMG, Hitachi, Oxfam and the NHS, Inclusive Talent Management shows that to achieve business objectives and gain the competitive advantage, it is imperative that organizations take an inclusive approach to talent management. It puts forward a compelling and innovative case, raising questions not only for the HR community but also to those in senior management positions, providing the practical steps, global examples and models for incorporating diversity and inclusion activities into talent management strategy.
Stephen Frost works with clients worldwide to embed inclusion into their decision making. He teaches at various business schools and was formerly Head of Diversity and Inclusion for the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. Danny Kalman is a talent management consultant, executive coach and regular speaker on leadership development. He was Director of Global Talent at Panasonic Corporation from 2008-2013.
- Chapter - 00: Challenge - The Addiction to Likeness in an Age of Diversity = Sameness;
- Section - ONE: The Fierce Urgency of Now;
- Chapter - 01: Homogenous Talent Management;
- Chapter - 02: History - How a Segregated Mindset Evolved;
- Chapter - 03: The Future - Diversity is Local, Inclusion is Global;
- Chapter - 04: The Case for Inclusive Talent Management;
- Section - TWO: How to Meet the Challenge;
- Chapter - 05: ITM in Recruitment - Finding Diverse Talent;
- Chapter - 06: ITM in Development - Growing Diverse Talent;
- Chapter - 07: ITM in Retention - Keeping Diverse Talent;
- Chapter - 08: Leadership - How You Can Make a Difference;
- Chapter - 09: Resolution: Change the System (Unconscious Nudges) + Change Your Behaviour (Conscious Leadership) = Inclusion
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9780749475871
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36