Independent Buses Around Stoke-on-Trent
Cliff Beeton (Author)
PRE-ORDER released 15 July 2023
In this book, Cliff Beeton looks at the plethora of independent operators that have, alongside PMT, provided bus services in and around Stoke. Operators featured here include Berresfords, Stoniers and Turners, who were later swallowed up by the ever expanding PMT, and the likes of Procters, Pooles Coachways and Stevensons, who eventually fell by the wayside or were sold to larger groups. Local coach operators like Copelands, Scraggs, Bakers of Biddulph, Ladyline and Stanways expanded into buses after deregulation, alongside new starters like Knotty Bus, Wardle Transport, D&G Bus, RML Travel, Midland Classic, Stantons of Stoke, and Select Bus Services. These all added further variety to the local bus scene. With previously unpublished images throughout, this book celebrates the variety of bus in and around the city. 180 Illustrations, unspecified
About the Author
Cliff Beeton has had his photographs published in a number of national transport magazines, and is a regular contributor to the Buses Yearbook.
- Contributor: Cliff Beeton
- Imprint: Amberley Publishing
- ISBN13: 9781398113657
- Number of Pages: 96
- Packaged Dimensions: 165x234mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Amberley Publishing
- Release Date: 2023-07-15
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Cliff Beeton has had his photographs published in a number of national transport magazines, and is a regular contributor to the Buses Yearbook.