India (Footprint Handbook 19th Revised edition)
By: David Stott (author)Paperback
India strikes its visitor with a sensory, intellectual, spiritual and philosophical assualt that's unmatched by any other place on earth: this subcontinent's sheer diversity is staggering. Footprint's 19th edition India Handbook will guide you from tropical beach paradises and lush backwaters, to forests where elephants roam and foothills clad in tea plantations.
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from ruined temples and shimmering cities to spotting tigers and trekking the Himalaya
- Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings that you can trust, for every budget
- Full-colour planning section to inspire and help you find the best experiences
- Personal recommendations from the authors on everything from festivals and haggling to camel safaris and rail routes.
From navigating the outsized metropoles to exploring sprawling temples, Footprint's fully updated 19th edition will help you get the best of this enigmatic destination.
South India-born and raised in the vibrant suburbs of Peterborough, writer and photographer David Stott acquired his taste for India in the womb. At the age of 28 he finally discovered the variety and diversity of flavours at which butter chicken had merely hinted and since his first visit he's become an annual visitor to India, steadily learning to tell his chole from his bhature and establishing a serious addiction to masala dosas along the way. David now splits his time between India and his adopted home in vibrant suburban Sydney, where the pace of life is such that he occasionally has to pinch himself to make sure he's awake.
1) Planning your trip 2) Delhi 3) Uttar Pradesh 4) Uttarakhand 5) Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh 6) Rajasthan 7) Haryana and Punjab 8) Himachal Pradesh 9) Jammu and Kashmir 10) West Bengal 11) Sikkim 12) Northeast States 13) Odisha 14) Bihar and Jharkhand 15) Andaman and Nicobar Islands 16) Tamil Nadu 17) Kerala 18) Karnataka 19) Telangana and Andhra Pradesh 20) Maharashtra 21) Goa 22) Gujarat 23) Background 24) Practicalities 25) Footnotes
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9781910120408
19th Revised edition
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36