The J. Paul Getty Trust is a world-famous philanthropic and cultural institution situated in two stunning locations - the Getty Villa in Malibu, and the Getty Centre in Brentwood - each of which houses collections of some of the world's finest works of art, from ancient times to the present day."Inside the Getty" takes readers on a detailed tour of these two large, vibrant and lively sites - from J. Paul Getty's original museum in his home near Malibu to the seemingly endless corridors that run beneath the Getty Centre in Los Angeles; from the galleries and storerooms of the J. Paul Getty Museum to the world-class laboratories of the Getty Conservation Institute; and from the public places and programs of the J. Paul Getty Trust to the secret space and stories of this landmark organization. 300 full-colour & 40 b&w illustrations
About the Author
William Hackman is a freelance writer and editor. Mark Greenberg is editor-in-chief of Getty Publications.
- Contributor: William Hackman
- Imprint: J Paul Getty Trust Publications,US
- ISBN13: 9780892369119
- Number of Pages: 184
- Packaged Dimensions: 143x239x14mm
- Packaged Weight: 502
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Getty Trust Publications
- Release Date: 2009-01-22
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: William Hackman is a freelance writer and editor. Mark Greenberg is editor-in-chief of Getty Publications.