Have you ever seen a puppet show? Now's your chance to go behind the scenes! Take a trip inside the Little Angel Theatre and meet Ronnie the puppeteer. As he takes you on a tour of the theatre, you can meet lots of puppets, find out how they're made and how a show is put on. This colourful non-fiction book brings the world of puppets to life.
* Purple/Band 8 books offer developing readers literary language, with some challenging vocabulary.
* Text type: An information book.
* Pages 22 and 23 show a diagram of the different areas of the puppet theatre, to help children to recap what they have read.
* Additional retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills.
* Curriculum links: Design and Technology: Puppets; Art and design: People in action
Claire Llewellyn is a prize-winning author of nonfiction for young readers. In 1991 she was shortlisted for the prestigious TES Junior Information Book Award for MacDonald's Take One: Rubbish, and in 1992 she won that award for My First Book of Time. Since then she has written more than 20 children's books on a wide range of subjects.