Winner of the Management and Leadership Textbook category at the CMI Management Book of the Year Awards 2013/14, International Management explores management opportunities in encounters across the world between national, organizational, political, professional and social cultures. It is soundly based theoretically and supported with real-life international examples from contemporary events and situations, exploring contemporary and historical material to provide insights for today's managers who find themselves dealing with diversity and difference.
From a historical perspective and a uniquely cross-disciplinary approach, Elizabeth Christopher identifies the major leadership styles that continue to characterise people across regions, nations, communities and organisations, within groups and as individuals. International Management is a practical and comprehensive textbook for successful negotiation in a world rich not only in cultural diversity but also in convergence. It also covers the ethical, moral and environmental ramifications of business today and the corporate leaders who are learning to manage their businesses across nations and continents, not only profitably but in ways that contribute to societies overall through economic, environmental and social action. International Management is an indispensable guide for students and practitioners to key issues of cross-cultural management, suitable to accompany online or private studies, or a teaching unit within professional and university graduate studies of international management.
Online supporting resources for this book include lecture slides and notes for academics.
Elizabeth Christopher holds a PhD from the University of New South Wales. She is both an academic and consultant for cross-cultural leadership and management teaching and training. She is Senior Associate of an international leadership training consultancy in the USA, Christopher, Smith and Associates; an Honorary Associate of Macquarie University, Sydney; and a consultant to Open Universities Australia for online teaching and learning. She presents papers at international conferences, is a reviewer for international journals and has published widely in her field.
- Chapter - 00: Introduction: The historical background to international leadership;
- Section - ONE: Exploring cultural differences;
- Chapter - 01: Industry: cultural differences in industry leadership and the effects of mass media reports;
- Chapter - 02: Patterns of employment: the roles of women and minorities in international business;
- Chapter - 03: Management of public and private sector involvement;
- Section - TWO: Exploring international operations and activities;
- Chapter - 04: International networks and alliances, structures and controls, strategies for sustainable business;
- Chapter - 05: Negotiations and decisions: leadership and motivation;
- Section - THREE: Exploring technology, learning, language and culture;
- Chapter - 06: Technology, the internet and dealing with change;
- Chapter - 07: Learning: action learning and learning organizations;
- Chapter - 08: Language and culture: translations, interpretations and world EngIishes;
- Section - FOUR: Exploring management ethics;
- Chapter - 09: The ethics of international business;
- Chapter - 10: Looking to the future
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9780749465285
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36