Computation, itself a form of calculation, incorporates steps that include arithmetical and non-arithmetical (logical) steps following a specific set of rules (an algorithm). This uniquely accessible textbook introduces students using a very distinctive approach, quite rapidly leading them into essential topics with sufficient depth, yet in a highly intuitive manner. From core elements like sets, types, Venn diagrams and logic, to patterns of reasoning, calculus, recursion and expression trees, the book spans the breadth of key concepts and methods that will enable students to readily progress with their studies in Computer Science. 13 Illustrations, color; 243 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 365 p. 256 illus., 13 illus. in color.
About the Author
Prof. Donald Sannella, Prof. Michael Fourman, and Prof. Philip Wadler are each at the University of Edinburgh's School of Informatics, Edinburgh, UK. Mr. Haoran Peng is also at the same university department.
- Contributor: Donald Sannella
- Imprint: Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- ISBN13: 9783030769079
- Number of Pages: 365
- Packaged Dimensions: 210x279mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- Release Date: 2022-01-13
- Series: Undergraduate Topics in Computer Science
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Prof. Donald Sannella, Prof. Michael Fourman, and Prof. Philip Wadler are each at the University of Edinburgh's School of Informatics, Edinburgh, UK. Mr. Haoran Peng is also at the same university department.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.