Inventive Weaving on a Little Loom: Discover the Full Potential of the Rigid-Heddle Loom
Syne Mitchell (Author)
Rigid-heddle weaving is simple to learn, is easy to master, and offers a lifetime of possibilities to discover! Inventive Weaving on a Little Loom covers everything rigid-heddle weavers need to know about the craft, from the basics - how to select a loom, how to set it up, and how to get started - to a wide variety of fun techniques that yield beautiful results. Begin by exploring a variety of weave structures, including finger-manipulated laces, tapestry, and colour play with stripes, plaids, and multicolour yarns. Then move on to more complex designs and irresistible projects, from pillows and curtains to bags, shawls, and even jewellery. Explore warp-face patterning, weft-pile weaving, weaving with fine threads, woven shibori, shadow weave, and the textural effects you can create with different yarns and with wire and conductive thread. Everything you need to know is here, with fully illustrated step-by-step instructions to ensure success. 570 Illustrations, color
About the Author
Syne Mitchell, author of Inventive Weaving on a Little Loom, teaches rigid-heddle weaving nationwide at conferences and private workshops. She is the host of the podcast, Weavecast, that features interviews with weavers and other artists from around the world.
- Contributor: Syne Mitchell
- Imprint: Storey Publishing LLC
- ISBN13: 9781603429726
- Number of Pages: 352
- Packaged Dimensions: 210x254x17mm
- Packaged Weight: 942
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Storey Publishing LLC
- Release Date: 2016-01-27
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Syne Mitchell, author of Inventive Weaving on a Little Loom, teaches rigid-heddle weaving nationwide at conferences and private workshops. She is the host of the podcast, Weavecast, that features interviews with weavers and other artists from around the world.