Irradiation for Quality Improvement, Microbial Safety and Phytosanitation of Fresh Produce presents the last six and a half decades of scientific information on the topic. This book emphasizes proven advantages of ionizing irradiation over the commonly used postharvest treatments for improving postharvest life of fresh fruits and vegetables to enhance their microbial safety.
This reference is intended for a wide range of scientists, researchers, and students in the fields of plant diseases and postharvest diseases of fruits and vegetables. It is a means for disease control to promote food safety and quality for the food industry and can be used in food safety and agriculture courses.
- Discusses pathogen resistance to common chemical synthetic compounds
- Presents up-to-date research and benefits of phytosanitary irradiation
- Includes comprehensive research for alternative treatments for postharvest disease control
- Provides the non-residual feature of ionizing radiation as a physical means for disease control to produce chemical free foods
- publication date: 29/05/2017
- ID: 9780128110263
- book language: en
- publisher: Elsevier Science
- publisher imprint: Academic Press
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes