John Ozoga - one of North America's premier deer researchers - shares his common-sense insights into the continents most popular, adaptive and majestic game animal. Deer hunters and deer watchers will deepen their understanding of whitetail behavior, and learn how and where to encounter deer every time they enter the woods.
Ozoga conducted 30 years of deer research with Michigan's Department of Natural Resources. Since 1994 he has written the Deer Research column for Deer & Deer Hunting magazine. This book compiles 35 of Ozogas most intriguing and fascinating articles. Part 1 examines the whitetails society; Part 2, whitetail social communication; Part 3, survival of the herd; and part 4, the whitetails future.
Accompanying Ozoga's in-depth text is the breath-taking work of renowned wildlife photographers to help illustrate the whitetails complex behavior.
- Increases hunting success by broadening knowledge of deer behavior.
- The culmination of 30-plus years of hands-on deer research.
- 100 vivid full-color photographs of white-tailed deer.
- Close-up look at buck behavior and movements throughout the fall.
Create a review
- publication date: 28/02/2011
- ID: 9781440224546
- book language: en
- publisher: F+W Media
- publisher imprint: Gun Digest Books
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes