Junior History Book 2 introduces Key Stage 2 pupils to the fascinating ancient civilisations of Greece and Rome. In this book, pupils will be enchanted as they meet the key figures of the period including Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great and a whole range of Greek and Roman gods and goddesses. This challenging book features a strongly narrative retelling of historical events during this period to provide a thorough grounding for all Key stage 2 pupils.
- Covers the fascinating civilisations of Ancient Greece and Rome, which are sure to enthuse your young historians
- The chronological approach will ensure that pupils develop an understanding of what happened when, and why
- Source-based evidence questions are featured throughout to help pupils develop important historical skills
- Challenging exercises and 'To do' activities at the end of each chapter will engage all pupils
Also available from Galore Park:
- Junior History Book 1
- Junior History Book 3
- History for Common Entrance 13+ Textbooks, Revision Guide and Exam Practice Questions
Michael Webb taught Latin, Greek and Mathematics in Kent until his recent retirement from Northbourne Park School. He has a cottage in France, in the champagne region where we indulges in his two main interests, one of which is reading.
Chapter 1 - Who were the Greeks?Chapter 2 - The wars with PersiaChapter 3 - Cities and civil warsChapter 4 - Life in 5th century AthensChapter 5 - Macedonia and Alexander the GreatChapter 6 - Who were the Romans?Chapter 7 - Life in the RepublicChapter 8 - Rome's domination of ItalyChapter 9 - Civil warChapter 10 - Roman entertainment