Help pupils build skills for KS3 Science practical work to be ready for the AQA GCSE 9-1 Required Practicals. Provide a consistent and supportive approach to KS3 Biology, Chemistry and Physics practicals with clear methods, questions that test understanding and applying skills in different contexts.
Establish a consistent approach to KS3 Science practicals with everything together in one write-in book. Help build confidence and familiarity from Year 7 upwards with a focus on scientific vocabulary, drawing and analysing graphs, and GCSE 9-1 command words. Cheaper than photocopying, the lab book can be used flexibly with any scheme of learning.
Each practical activity:
* Explains the purpose of the practical and relates it to the science
* Develops core skills including maths skills
* States common mistakes and how to avoid them
* Supports pupils to record and evaluate results
* Checks understanding with key questions
* Develops scientific reasoning with spot the mistake questions
* Encourages pupils to apply their skills to unfamiliar scientific contexts
* Helps pupils to evaluate their learning with self-reflection sections
Download the support materials highlighted on page 6 of the book here: www.collins.co.uk/key-stage-3-lab-book