Knight's Guide to Building Control Law and Regulations is an updated version of two earlier titles; Knight's Guide to Building Control Law and Practice and Knight's Guide to Building Regulations with Approved Documents.
It is a five-volume loose-leaf title updated 5 times a year.
The principal aim of Knight's is to provide the legal background to, and authoritative commentary on, the current Building Regulations in England and Wales, the Approved Documents, and the Approved Inspector Regulations. The work includes the consideration of case law, enforcement under the Building Act, the roles and performance of Building Control Bodies and Competent Persons and detailed commentary on Appeals and Determinations. It provides full annotated text of the Building Regulations 2010 for England and Wales, plus associated Statutory Instruments, Approved Documents and other official publications.
Key related subjects covered include:
* An overview of selected Town & Country Planning legislation
* Water supply, sewerage, surface water drainage and flood-risk management legislation
* Insurance matters including the liabilities of building owners, designers and contractors
* Licensing of building uses such as theatres, cinemas, clubs, public houses and HMOs
* Fire safety of buildings, the safety of sports grounds and facilities for disabled persons
* Environmental protection legislation including clean air and smoke control issues
* Energy Performance Certificates legislation and related energy conservation matters