Korea: A History
Eugene Y. Park (Author)
While popular trends, cuisine, and long-standing political tension have made Korea familiar in some ways to a vast English-speaking world, its recorded history of some two millennia remains unfamiliar to most. Korea: A History addresses general readers, providing an up-to-date, accessible overview of Korean history from antiquity to the present. Eugene Y. Park draws on original-language sources and the up-to-date synthesis of East Asian and Western-language scholarship to provide an insightful account. This book expands still-limited English-language discussions on pre-modern Korea, offering rigorous and compelling analyses of Korea's modernization while discussing daily life, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ history, and North Korean history not always included in Korea surveys. Overall, Park is able to break new ground on questions and debates that have been central to the field of Korean studies since its inception. CPSIA choking or other US hazard warning -No California Proposition 65 hazard warning necessary
Also available on eBook for £19.19. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Eugene Y. Park is the Rick and Cathy Trachok Endowed Chair in International Studies and Professor in History at the University of Nevada, Reno. He is the author of A Genealogy of Dissent (Stanford University Press, 2018).
- Contributor: Eugene Y. Park
- Imprint: Stanford University Press
- ISBN13: 9781503629844
- Number of Pages: 432
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Stanford University Press
- Release Date: 2022-02-15
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Eugene Y. Park is the Rick and Cathy Trachok Endowed Chair in International Studies and Professor in History at the University of Nevada, Reno. He is the author of A Genealogy of Dissent (Stanford University Press, 2018).