The Spelling & Vocabulary series provides a complete and comprehensive course building a child's spelling and vocabulary expertise. Working through the series will give your child a working vocabulary of more than 5,400 words. The series helps prepare children for the GL Assessment and CEM 11+ exams, SATs, CATs, the Northern Ireland Transfer Test, Common Entrance and scholarship examinations for independent schools, and all other styles of verbal reasoning/ability and English tests. This series of books is designed to be used in sequence and is divided into three levels: Foundation (Workbooks 1-3) for children aged 7 to 9 Intermediate (Workbooks 4-7) for children aged 8 to 10 Advanced (Workbooks 8-12) for children aged 9 to 12 We recommend older children who face challenges in spelling and vocabulary work from Workbook 1 to ensure that there are no gaps in their understanding and their skills are built progressively. Children with more developed skills could begin with the Intermediate or Advanced series. All our materials have been rigorously classroom tested. The methodologies have been successfully used in AE Tuition classes for over 20 years.
About the Author
Dr Stephen C Curran PhD, BA(Hons), B(Mus), PGCE, Dip. RSA, MCollT, has many years of teaching experience both in the secondary and primary sector. In addition to writing, Stephen runs courses for children in Mathematics, English, Verbal Reasoning and Non-verbal Reasoning.
- Contributor: Dr Stephen C Curran
- Imprint: Accelerated Education Publications Ltd
- ISBN13: 9781911553465
- Number of Pages: 64
- Packaged Dimensions: 210x297mm
- Packaged Weight: 229
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Accelerated Education Publications Ltd
- Release Date: 2018-08-21
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Dr Stephen C Curran PhD, BA(Hons), B(Mus), PGCE, Dip. RSA, MCollT, has many years of teaching experience both in the secondary and primary sector. In addition to writing, Stephen runs courses for children in Mathematics, English, Verbal Reasoning and Non-verbal Reasoning.