Encourage a thirst for knowledge in British history from the Seven Years War to Queen Victoria's Imperial Britain. Perfect for Year 9, embracing the latest KS3 history curriculum, and laying the groundwork for the new history GCSE.
Provide a coherent, chronological history course at KS3, which gives all pupils the knowledge to think critically about the past and to analyse evidence. Cover one thousand years of history with the third of three KS3 History textbooks - ideal for Year 9.
* Discover The British Empire, The Americas, The French Revolution, The Industrial Revolution, The Age of Reform and The Victorian Empire
* Deliver excellent lessons and save time planning with the Teacher Guide available free on Collins.co.uk, containing teaching ideas, suggested sources, assessment, answers, essay titles and extended writing examples
* Give pupils the chronological overview in KS3 History that they need to excel at GCSE in the new thematic study and British depth study
* Ignite an interest in history through extraordinary people, amazing facts, and a distinctly engaging narrative
* Help all students to think critically about the past by focusing on the knowledge they need and then checking their understanding
* Aid pupil memory with a `knowledge organiser' at the back of each unit with key dates, vocabulary and significant people.
* Designed with 6 units to map onto the school timetable with ease
* Demonstrate the importance of people and events showing their influence and impact on modern Britain
Robert Peal is a history teacher at the West London Free School. Having gained a double first from the University of Cambridge, he studied for his masters at the University of Pennsylvania. Robert qualified as a teacher through Teach First, before working as an education research fellow for the think tank Civitas, and as a 'Teacher in Residence' at the Department for Education. He has a passion for teaching and learning about history - his first attempt at a history book was writing about a local Civil War battle site Basing House aged thirteen.