Thoroughly updated and revised to reflect the most current events and information, Law Enforcement and Justice Administration: Strategies for the 21st Century, Second Edition, provides a comprehensive examination of the prevailing criminal justice organizations present in law enforcement, courts, and correctional systems. Using a realistic, field-based approach that combines theory with application, this text explores the operations, issues, and practices that administrators within criminal justice face today. This Second Edition blends historic administrative themes and concepts with contemporary issues and future trends. Throughout the text, the Contextual Themes Model (Organization, Employee Relations, Open Systems, Social Equity, Client-oriented Service) of criminal justice administration is provided to aid the readers in connecting the concepts of administration to key terms, theories, and ultimately to the application of the concepts.
Law Enforcement and Justice Administration, Second Edition is organized into three parts. Part I develops key concepts from the history of administrative practices and organizes them into the five Contextual Themes. Part II applies these administrative concepts to contemporary criminal justice administration using the Contextual Themes. Part III explores the application of the key concepts with discussions on the cutting-edge issues that face criminal justice administrators now and in the future.
Every new printed copy is packaged with full student access to the companion website, which features a variety of enaging and interactive study tools! (eBook version does not include access to the student companion website. Standalone access can be purchased here http://www.jblearning.com/catalog/9781449655150/).
* Now available in paperback!
* Revised figures and tables and updated statistics throughout present the most current trends and data in criminal justice administration.
* Contains new Current Status sections at the conclusion of chapters in Parts II and III summarizing the latest trends discussed.
* Key terms and concepts listed at the end of each chapter familiarize readers with the language they will encounter at the administrative level. A compendium listing all terms and concepts is included at the end of the text for easy reference.
* End of chapter review questions and activities encourage further participation and research.
* Instructor's Manual
* PowerPoint Lecture Outlines
* complete Test Bank
* Student Companion Website