JOIN OVER HALF A MILLION STUDENTS WHO CHOSE TO REVISE WITH LAW EXPRESS
Revise with the help of the UK's bestselling law revision series.
* Review essential cases, statutes, and legal terms before exams.
* Assess and approach the subject by using expert advice.
* Gain higher marks with tips for advanced thinking and further discussions.
* Avoid common pitfalls with Don't be tempted to.
* Practice answering sample questions and discover additional resources on the Companion website.
Chris Taylor is a Senior Lecturer in Law at Bradford University Law School.
Contents Acknowledgements vii Introduction ix Guided tour xi Table of cases and statutes xiii Chapter 1 The constitution of the UK 1 Chapter 2 Where does the constitution come from? 13 Chapter 3 Basic principles of the constitution 33 Chapter 4 Institutions of state 1 55 Chapter 5 Institutions of state 2 73 Chapter 6 Civil liberties and human rights 89 Chapter 7 Freedom of expression and assembly 109 Chapter 8 Police powers 129 Chapter 9 Judicial review 149 Chapter 10 Tribunals, inquiries and ombudsmen 171 Chapter 11 Brexit 183 And finally, before the exam ... 193 Glossary of terms 209 Index 213