JOIN OVER HALF A MILLION STUDENTS WHO CHOSE TO REVISE WITH LAW EXPRESS
Revise with the help of the UK's bestselling law revision series.
* Review essential cases, statutes, and legal terms before exams.
* Assess and approach the subject by using expert advice.
* Gain higher marks with tips for advanced thinking and further discussions.
* Avoid common pitfalls with Don't be tempted to.
* Practice answering sample questions and discover additional resources on the Companion website.
Emily Finch and Stefan Fafinski are authors of a number of bestselling and student-friendly resources.
Contents Acknowledgements vii Introduction viii Guided tour x Table of cases xii Table of legislation xiv Chapter 1: Legislation and its interpretation 1 Chapter 2: European Union law and human rights law 25 Chapter 3: The doctrine of judicial precedent 45 Chapter 4: The court system 63 Chapter 5: Legal services and personnel 81 Chapter 6: Criminal procedure 105 Chapter 7: Civil procedure 139 Chapter 8: Tribunals and alternative dispute resolution 157 Chapter 9: Access to justice 171 And finally, before the exam . . . 183 Glossary of terms 193 Index 197