JOIN OVER HALF A MILLION STUDENTS WHO CHOSE TO REVISE WITH LAW EXPRESS
Revise with the help of the UK's bestselling law revision series.
* Review essential cases, statutes, and legal terms before exams.
* Assess and approach the subject by using expert advice.
* Gain higher marks with tips for advanced thinking and further discussions.
* Avoid common pitfalls with Don't be tempted to.
* Practice answering sample questions and discover additional resources on the Companion website.
Ewan Kirk is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Law at Birmingham City University.
Contents Acknowledgements vii Introduction viii Guided tour xi Table of cases xiii Table of legislation xvii Chapter 1: Sources and application of EU law, and the membership of the EU 1 Chapter 2: The Institutions of the EU and the decision-making process 23 Chapter 3: Articles 258-260 TFEU: Enforcement actions against Member States 45 Chapter 4: Articles 263 & 265 TFEU: Judicial review 63 Chapter 5: Article 267 TFEU: Preliminary rulings in the CJEU 85 Chapter 6: Free movement of goods part 1: Taxes, duties and charges 103 Chapter 7: Free movement of goods part 2: Quantitative restrictions and MEQRs 117 Chapter 8: Free movement of persons 135 Chapter 9: Competition law 161 And finally, before the exam . . . 179 Glossary of terms 191 Index 195