JOIN OVER HALF A MILLION STUDENTS WHO CHOSE TO REVISE WITH LAW EXPRESS
Revise with the help of the UK's bestselling law revision series.
* Review essential cases, statutes, and legal terms before exams.
* Assess and approach the subject by using expert advice.
* Gain higher marks with tips for advanced thinking and further discussions.
* Avoid common pitfalls with Don't be tempted to.
* Practice answering sample questions and discover additional resources on the Companion website.
New to this edition:
Cases such as Actavis UK Limited & Ors v Eli Lilly and Co (2017) are covered in this edition.
Claire Howell is a Reader in Law at Aston University. Benjamin Farrand is an Associate Professor in Law at the University of Warwick.
Contents Acknowledgements vii Introduction viii Guided tour x Table of cases and statutes xii Chapter 1: Copyright subsistence 1 Chapter 2: Authorship, ownership and moral rights 19 Chapter 3: Copyright infringement, remedies and defences 37 Chapter 4: Confidentiality 59 Chapter 5: Patentability, entitlement and ownership 73 Chapter 6: Patent infringement, defences and remedies 89 Chapter 7: Design law 109 Chapter 8: Trade mark registrability 129 Chapter 9: Trade mark infringement 147 Chapter 10: Passing off 163 Chapter 11: Intellectual property, computer software and the Internet 177 And finally, before the exam . . . 195 Glossary of terms 213 Index 219