JOIN OVER HALF A MILLION STUDENTS WHO CHOSE TO REVISE WITH LAW EXPRESS
Revise with the help of the UK's bestselling law revision series.
* Review essential cases, statutes, and legal terms before exams.
* Assess and approach the subject by using expert advice.
* Gain higher marks with tips for advanced thinking and further discussions.
* Avoid common pitfalls with Don't be tempted to.
* Practice answering sample questions and discover additional resources on the Companion website.
Stephen Allen is a Senior Lecturer in Law at Queen Mary, University of London.
Contents Acknowledgements vii Introduction ix Guided tour xi Table of cases and instruments xiii Chapter 1: The nature of international law 1 Chapter 2: Sources of international law 21 Chapter 3: Treaties 43 Chapter 4: International legal personality 67 Chapter 5: International law and national law 89 Chapter 6: Jurisdiction and immunity 109 Chapter 7: Territory and self-determination 135 Chapter 8: State responsibility and diplomatic protection 161 Chapter 9: Judicial dispute resolution 189 Chapter 10: Use of force 209 And finally, before the exam . . . 231 Glossary of terms 249 Index 255