JOIN OVER HALF A MILLION STUDENTS WHO CHOSE TO REVISE WITH LAW EXPRESS
Revise with the help of the UK's bestselling law revision series.
* Review essential cases, statutes, and legal terms before exams.
* Assess and approach the subject by using expert advice.
* Gain higher marks with tips for advanced thinking and further discussions.
* Avoid common pitfalls with Don't be tempted to.
* Practice answering sample questions and discover additional resources on the Companion website.
Julia J. A. Shaw is a Reader in Law and Literary Jurisprudence at De Montfort University, Leicester.
Contents Acknowledgements vii Introduction viii Guided tour x Chapter 1: The nature and scope of jurisprudence 1 Chapter 2: Rights and justice 15 Chapter 3: Law and morality 33 Chapter 4: Classical and modern natural law 47 Chapter 5: Classical and modern legal positivism 63 Chapter 6: Legal realism 81 Chapter 7: Sociological jurisprudence 97 Chapter 8: Critical legal studies 115 And finally, before the exam . . . 135 Glossary of terms 149 Index 158