Nobody comes into the world a natural leader. But what is it that transforms some people into the kind of magnetic individuals who inspire others to follow?
Success expert Brian Tracy has helped thousands of people become exceptional leaders and now, in this concise and powerful book, he reveals how you can:
* Inspire trust, confidence, and loyalty
* Instill a sense of meaning and purpose in your organization
* Tap into the motivation and enthusiasm that compels others to commit to your vision
* Think strategically-keeping the big picture in mind
* Continually focus on the future
* Turn adversity into opportunity
* Take the right kind of risks
* Clearly communicate goals and strategies and gain buy-in
* Build winning teams
* Elicit extraordinary performance from ordinary people
* Cultivate worthwhile relationships and leverage The Law of Reciprocity
* Become the person seen as most likely to lead the organization to victory
* And more
Great leadership isn't a mystery. It is a skill that can be learned. Packed with practical, proven methods, this indispensable little guide will help you unlock your leadership potential.
BRIAN TRACY is the Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International and one of the top business speakers and authorities in the world today. He has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 5,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the United States and more than 60 countries worldwide.
CONTENTS Introduction 1 1 Leaders Are Made, Not Born 4 2 A Sense of Mission 9 3 Action Orientation 15 4 The Quality of Courage 19 5 The Leader as Strategist 23 6 The Ability to Inspire and Motivate 28 7 Commit to Winning 34 8 The Leader as Communicator 38 9 Learn from Adversity 43 10 Build a Championship Team 47 11 Focus on Results 51 12 The Desire to Lead 55 13 The Role of Self-Esteem in Leadership 60 14 Lead by Example 65 15 Self-Motivation for Leaders 69 16 Develop Leadership Qualities 72 17 Power Through Cooperation 77 18 Lead by Consensus 83 19 Leaders Are Listeners 88 20 Live Like a Leader 91 21 Integrity: The Essential Quality of Leadership 95 Index 101 About the Author 106