Simple Steps to Improve Patient Safety, Patient Flow and the Bottom Line
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
This thoroughly revised resource shows, step-by-step, how to simplify, streamline, analyze, and optimize healthcare performance using tested Lean Six Sigma and change management techniques. Lean Six Sigma for Hospitals, Second Edition, follows the patient from the front door of the hospital or emergency room all the way through discharge. The book fully explains how to improve operations and quality of care while dramatically reducing costs-often in just five days. Real-world case studies from major healthcare institutions illustrate successful implementations of Lean Six Sigma.
* Lean Six Sigma for hospitals, emergency departments, operating rooms, medical imaging facilities, nursing units, pharmacies, and ICUs
* Patient flow and quality
* Clinical staff
* Order and claims accuracy
* Billing and collection
* Defect and medical error reduction
* Excel power tools for Lean Six Sigma
* Data mining and analysis
* Process flow charts and control charts
* Laser-focused process innovation
* Statistical tools for Lean Six Sigma
* Planning and implementation