This attractively illustrated, high quality publication aims to encourage readers to think in greater depth and detail about their Christian faith. In an accessible and attractive style, it offers an exploration of seven key areas of Christian belief:
1. Knowing God by Rev Dr Frances Henderson
2. God the Creator by Rev Professor David Fergusson
3. God the Saviour by Professor Paul Nimmo
4. God the Spirit by Sarah Lane Ritchie'
5. The Christian Church by Rev Dr Alexander Forsyth
6. The Christian Life by Rev Jan Mathieson
7. The Heavenly Things by Dr Andrew Torrance
Experienced pastors, teachers and theologians relate these areas of belief to the issues and questions which arise in the everyday lives of believers with the aim of encouraging Christians to reflect upon their faith and to grow in confidence as they seek to share it in daily life. Each section includes a short Bible study and prayers.
This an ideal introductory volume to theological thinking and reflection.
Learn: Understanding Our Faith has three key emphases:
* the importance of encouraging people to explore the content of their Christian faith
* the relevance of understanding Christian faith in terms of Christian discipleship
* the relevance of understanding Christian faith in terms of Christian mission