Up to 2 WeeksUsually despatched within 2 weeks
Written for the CIPD Level 7 Advanced module of the same name, Learning and Talent Development combines a clear and concise structure and writing style with an academic and critical approach to the subject. It analyses and evaluates a range of learning and talent development theories and strategies so students can learn how to take the lead and confidently initiate, develop and implement these strategies, interventions and activities in the workplace.
Covering key topics such as the national and organizational context of learning and talent development, concepts related to individual and organizational learning and the functions associated with managing learning and talent development in the context of professional practice, Learning and Talent Development equips individuals to meet the expectations placed upon those performing specialist roles in developing others and is therefore also ideal for undergraduate and postgraduate students of human resource management or business students taking a module in human resource development or learning and development. Online supporting resources include web links for each chapter, lecture slides and an instructor's manual complete with lecture handouts and additional case studies per chapter.
Jim Stewart is Professor of HRD at Liverpool Business School, UK. He is also Chief Examiner of Learning and Development for the CIPD as well as Visiting Panel Chair and External Moderator. Clare Rigg lectures at the Institute of Technology, Tralee, Ireland.
- Chapter - 00: Introduction;
- Section - ONE: The Nature, Purpose and Context of Learning and Talent Development;
- Chapter - 01: Organising and Managing Learning and Talent Development;
- Chapter - 02: International and National Contexts;
- Chapter - 03: Various and Varying Organisation Contexts;
- Chapter - 04: The Politics of Learning and Talent Development;
- Section - TWO: The Process of Learning and Talent Development;
- Chapter - 05: Individual and Organisation Learning in Talent Development;
- Chapter - 06: Establishing Needs and Solutions to Talent Development;
- Chapter - 07: Learning and Talent Development Practical Strategies;
- Section - THREE: The Management of Learning and Talent Development;
- Chapter - 08: Designing and Evaluating Talent Development;
- Chapter - 09: Accessing and Managing Resources;
- Chapter - 10: Ethics and Professionalism in Learning and Talent Development;
- Chapter - 11: Doing a Student Research Project;
- Chapter - 12: Conclusion
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9781843982500
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36