Les mots franc ais: Vocabulaire, lectures et sujets de conversation presents a clear, thorough and systematic overview of modern French vocabulary on a variety of subjects. Written in the target language, each of the 32 chapters is divided into the following sections, with translations into English to facilitate the learning process:
* basic vocabulary (vocabulaire de base)
* additional vocabulary (vocabulaire supplementaire)
* related vocabulary (vocabulaire apparente)
* idiomatic expressions, sayings and proverbs (proverbes et expressions)
* cultural readings (lectures).
The book includes a range of communicative exercises and sample sentences, while an answer key and flashcards are available online. This is essential reading for learners at level A2-C2 of the Common European Framework for Languages, and Intermediate Mid-Advanced on the ACTFL proficiency scales. 150 Tables, black and white