Exam Board: AQA
Level & Subject: Level 3 Maths
First teaching: September 2014 First exams: June 2016
Engage and motivate your AQA Core Maths students with a rich variety of real-life data and contexts.
* Help students to access the AQA Level 3 Mathematical Studies specification with explanations, examples and plenty of practice.
* Help all students reach their potential with differentiated exercises and project work.
* Capture students' interest with a real-world chapter opener and Mathematics in the real world sections throughout
* Prepare for exams with exam-style questions in chapter 14
* Get students talking with Discussions that include open-ended questions
* Focus on technical vocabulary and unfamiliar terms with key term definitions on the page
* Draw together learning from each chapter with a Case Study
* Provide extended tasks with the Project work sections at the end of each chapter
* Assess your learning before moving on with the Check your progress feature
* Check your understanding with answers at the back
Helen Ball started her career in an IT consultancy as a programmer and rose through the ranks to become a manager of multi-million IT projects. She wanted to pursue a more mathematically based career and became a mathematics teacher and a GCSE and A level examiner. She has a four year old daughter and they enjoy exploring the subject together. Peter Ransom is a Past President of The Mathematical Association and Chair of Council. He does some part-time work with Bath Spa University's School of Education and works with NQTs as part of The Prince's Teaching Institute. Peter belongs to numerous mathematical professional associations and was involved with the Bowland Maths initiative. Peter spent over 30 years teaching secondary mathematics in state comprehensives and has enjoyed mathematics all his life and tries to pass on that enjoyment to all he meets.