Pick up and teach exciting lessons for AQA Level 3 Mathematical Studies. This guide provides a clear approach to the specification, makes links with other subject areas and takes the real-life contexts further.
An off-the-shelf teaching solution for AQA Core Maths
* Easy to use with a chapter overview to show the scope, specification references, prior knowledge, links to Collins AQA GCSE Maths, learning objectives and key terminology.
* Help with student engagement and recruitment with links to other A-level subjects.
* Support non-specialist teachers with common misconceptions and content that is outside GCSE Maths highlighted.
* Kick off your lessons with ready-made starter activities.
* Bring to life the discussion sections in the Student Book plus advice on the case study and project work tasks.
* Give students even more practice with ready-to-go tasks and worksheets for each chapter available on the CD-Rom.
* Save time with copies of graphs from the Student Book and Check your progress statements ready to print off in black and white.
Helen Ball started her career in an IT consultancy as a programmer and rose through the ranks to become a manager of multi-million IT projects. She wanted to pursue a more mathematically based career and became a mathematics teacher and a GCSE and A level examiner. She has a four year old daughter and they enjoy exploring the subject together. Peter Ransom is a Past President of The Mathematical Association and Chair of Council. He does some part-time work with Bath Spa University's School of Education and works with NQTs as part of The Prince's Teaching Institute. Peter belongs to numerous mathematical professional associations and was involved with the Bowland Maths initiative. Peter spent over 30 years teaching secondary mathematics in state comprehensives and has enjoyed mathematics all his life and tries to pass on that enjoyment to all he meets.