This book with beautiful illustrations captures the qualities of each kind of light, from sunlight to moonlight to electric light, the way it illuminates and the relationship between darkness and light.
* Yellow level/ Band 3 books offer early readers varied sentence structure and natural language.
* Text type - A non-fiction recount.
* A selection of the illustrations on pages 14 and 15 give children a chance to recap and discuss the text
* Curriculum links - Science: light and dark
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
Internationally-renowned children's author, Monica Hughes was a master of science fiction and fantasy writing. She was the recipient of numerous awards and was the author of The Isis Trilogy and A Handful of Seeds. She has written a number of titles for the Collins Big Cat series.