Introductory courses in Linear Algebra can be taught in a variety of ways and the order of topics offered may vary based on the needs of the students. Linear Algebra with Applications, Alternate Eighth Edition provides instructors with an additional presentation of course material. In this edition earlier chapters cover systems of linear equations, matrices, and determinants. The more abstract material on vector spaces starts later, in Chapter 4, with the introduction of the vector space R(n). This leads directly into general vector spaces and linear transformations. This alternate edition is especially appropriate for students preparing to apply linear equations and matrices in their own fields.
Clear, concise, and comprehensive--the Alternate Eighth Edition continues to educate and enlighten students, leading to a mastery of the matehmatics and an understainding of how to apply it.
New and Key Features of the Alternate Eighth Edition:
- Updated and revised throughout with new section material and exercises included in every chapter.
- Provides students with a flexible blend of theory, important numerical techniques and interesting relevant applications.
- Includes discussions of the role of linear algebra in many areas such as the operation of the Google search engine and the global structure of the worldwide air transportation network.
- A MATLAB manual that ties into the regular course material is included as an appendix. These ideas can be implemented on any matrix algebra software package. A graphing calculator manual is also included.
- A Student Solutions Manual that contain solutions to selected exercises is available as a supplement, An Instructor Complete Solutions Manual containing worked solutions to all exercises is also available.