Up to 2 WeeksUsually despatched within 2 weeks
A great book is like a feast. We love to concoct stories from food but what about making food from some of our favourite stories?
To whip up your own Literary Lunch, just follow this simple recipe...
- Take a generous helping of Ian McEwan and leave to marinate overnight.
- Add some Sebastian Faulks to a pan and saute on a high heat.
- Mix in a dollop of Louis de Bernieres (don't stint) and shavings of Mark Haddon and bring to the boil.
- Add a rounded teaspoon of Anne Tyler, a smidgen of Neel Mukherjee and a pinch of Julian Barnes, according to taste. You may also wish to add a sprinkling of Salman Rushdie to add some heat.
- Reduce the mixture down and add a splash of Irvine Welsh, skimming off excess expletives.
- Remove from the heat and add essence of Haruki Murakami slowly, drop by drop, making sure to mix in thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, using a rich brandy or calvados, flambe thinly sliced extracts of Simon Schama - to avoid a scorching, avert face and be prepared for a flare of potentially large flames.
- Finally, bring all the elements together and plate up with a dash of Jeanette Winterson and garnish with a sprig pf Helen Fielding.
Enjoy with a full-bodied red wine.
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9781784702083
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36