Logistics and Retail Management: Emerging Issues and New Challenges in the Retail Supply Chain (4th Revised edition)
By: Leigh Sparks (author), John Fernie (author)Paperback
Only 1 in stock
The fourth edition of Logistics and Retail Management has been substantially updated to take account of recent developments in retail logistics. Retailers have recognised the need to have more involvement in supply chains and noted that benefits can be achieved in both service levels and cost reduction. Notwithstanding the major strides made, numerous challenges remain, and new issues are constantly emerging.
This book brings together well-known academics and practitioners, who share their research, ideas and experience of current thinking on supply chain management in retail. Reflecting the changing needs of the global marketplace and responding to the challenges faced by retailers, this new book features a chapter on International Fashion Supply Chain Management and another on CSR and the textile supply chain.
John Fernie is Professor of Retail Marketing at Heriot-Watt University. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing. Leigh Sparks is Professor of Retail Studies at the Institute for Retail Studies, University of Stirling. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and Chair of the Academy of Marketing Research Committee.
- Chapter - 01: Retail logistics: changes and challenges - John Fernie and Leigh Sparks;
- Chapter - 02: Relationships in the supply chain - John Fernie;
- Chapter - 03: The internationalization of the retail supply chain - John Fernie;
- Chapter - 04: The international fashion supply chain and corporate social responsibility - Patsy Perry, John Fernie and Steve Wood;
- Chapter - 05: The footwear supply chain: the case of Schuh - John Fernie and Colin Temple;
- Chapter - 06: Supply chain strategy in the fashion and luxury industry - Alessandro Brun and Cecilia Castelli;
- Chapter - 07: Tesco's supply chain management - Leigh Sparks;
- Chapter - 08: On-shelf availability in UK retailing - John Fernie and David B Grant;
- Chapter - 09: The development of e-tail logistics - John Fernie, Suzanne Fernie and Alan McKinnon;
- Chapter - 10: The greening of retail logistics - Alan McKinnon and Julia Edwards
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9780749468231
4th Revised edition
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2018 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36